February 21, 2016
- Ministry must be viewed as growing people
- If ministry revolves around a person, then growth is about the institution or the ministry or movement.
- Ministers and/or persons cannot have exalted emphasis over the rest of Scripture.
I. High View of God
- Take God Seriously
- Take love of Christ to all
- Focus of church worship and Iife is His Glory
II. Absolute Authority of Scripture
- If we say we believe the Bible, but then do not do what it says, we trivialize the Bible.
III. Sound Doctrine
IV. Personal Holiness
- We dare not lower our standards.
- We dare not become more like the world.
→ Biblical standards – not legalistic.
- We dare not allow our hearts to override the clear teaching of the Bible.
- We lovingly help each other through encouragement and resolving to raise to the standard.
We cannot live as half-committed Christians and expect God’s work to be done.