Middle School Ministry
The Middle School years are such a fast-changing and transformative time in the life of your middle schooler, and we want to partner with you to walk alongside them and help them as they grow. We see our Middle School Ministry as a time of beginning to establish Godly habits in the lives of our students. Habits like spending time daily in God’s Word, worshiping God weekly as well as week-long, and learning the importance of being part of a Christian community. Each of our programs are design to help using that effort.
We’ve got a full calendar of activities and programs to make this year one your student will not want to miss.
9:15am – Sunday School Join us as we go through the Bible chronologically over the course of three years. We’ll walk through the passage as a group and then break up into small groups, called Life Groups, to discuss how it applies to our life.
6:15pm – Life Groups In the middle of your crazy week, we have Life Groups that meet to help check in on our students and encourage them in their walk with Christ. This is a time of discipleship and encouragement and we take the lessons we are learning and apply them to our life. Life Groups meet each Wednesday night during the school year.
6:45pm – BLAST BLAST stands for Building Lives Around Scriptural Truth. It’s a fun night of worship, games and engaging Bible study. We finish at 8:00. BLAST meets each Wednesday night during the school year.
We have a summer packed with fun events! If you have questions about any of the events listed below, please contact Sarah Dower.
- G.O.O.T.H. (Get Out Of The House)
- July 6 – Meet at SMCC at 11:00am then head to Oak Mountain Lanes! Bring $8 plus money for lunch; don’t forget to wear socks!
- July 27 – We will meet at SMCC at 11:00am & ride together to Roller Motion! Bring $5 plus money for lunch. Please wear socks; there is a $2 upcharge to get Speed Skates.
- Dinner at the Owen’s House
- Two dates – June 27 & July 25 from 6-8pm
- Address: 3490 Kildare Drive, Hoover 35226
- White Water Rafting Trip
- We will leave Friday July 16 at 3:00pm and spend the night at the Hampton Inn in Phenix City, AL. The next morning we will raft the Chattahoochee River and be home that afternoon. The river is an exciting, yet not-too-intense ride that’s perfect for beginners.
- Cost is $75 per person.
Middle School’s Winter Retreat takes place each year on the weekend of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. It’s our biggest event of the year as we head down to Destin, FL for a full weekend at the beach. This trip is an engaging and impactful time together that’s also a blast. Mark your calendar for January 14-17, 2022 – you won’t want to miss it!
Subscribe to Our Newsletter: